blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Montag, Juli 17, 2006

Only bored people do surveys !

So do I. And I'm not ashamed of it. Sorry for stealing it, Picca. I hope you'll be interested in my answers anyway.

Put your music player on shuffle
Post the first 40 songs that come up. You can repeat artists if you want. Then answer the questions.

SONGS
1. Beatsteaks . filter
2. cold . suffocate
3. morrissey . first of the gang to die
4. sarah bettens . busy (live)
5. snow patrol . chasing cars
6. sarah bettens . stay (acoustic)
7. ani DiFranco . napoleon (live)
8. gorillaz . don't get lost in heaven
9. k's choice . winners (live)
10. woodface . good morning hope (live)
11. sarah bettens . not insane
12. jason mraz . clockwatching
13. we are scientists . nobody move, nobody get hurt
14. morcheeba . what new york couples fight about
15. foo fighters . razor
16. sarah bettens . not an addict (live)
17. cat stevens . the wind
18. groove armada . think twice
19. tool . faaip de ooaid
20. the raconteurs . intimate secretary
21. k's choice . another year (live from Tel-Aviv)
22. cold . wasted years
23. kettcar . im taxi weinen
24. gorillaz . demon days
25. nirvana . pennyroyal tea (unplugged)
26. bangles . manic monday
27. jimmy eat world . kill
28. sheryl crow . all I wanna do
29. 12 stones . let go
30. john butler trio . damned to hell
31. ani difranco . 32 flavours
32. ani difranco . going down
33. melissa ferrick . then so it is
34. wir sind helden . rüssel an schwanz
35. elliott smith . lets get lost
36. evanescence . hello
37. del amitri . sleep instead of teardrops
38. ani difranco . fire door (live)
39. eva cassidy . time after time
40. nick drake . black mountain

QUESTIONS:
1. Which song do you prefer, #1 or #40?
Hmm, I guess I'll put a tie in here. Both artists have good songs and as I don't like this one from Nick Drake not THAT much it's a tie.

2. Have you ever listened to #12 continuously on repeat?
Honestly, I never listened to it before. I just put it on my PC and so it popped up.

3. What album is #26 from?
Gosh, I dunno. It's the Bangles. I'm no hardcore fan, I just like some songs.

4. What do you think about the artist who did #15?
One of the last good, ass-kicking and credible bands alive. And the funny thing is I thought for YEARS that the drummer of Nirvana had a brother who plays guitar in the foo fighters. ;)

5. Is #19 one of your favorite songs?
Nopes. I like other songs from them.

6. Who does #38 remind you of?
It reminds me of Mel, because she gave me some Ani stuff and made me fall in love with her music again after I listened to her before and didn't get why all people love her so much.

7. Does #20 have better lyrics or music?
Again a song I didn't listen to yet. So it's not possible to say.

8. Do any of your friends like #3?
Katharina loves it and she gave it to me. :)

9. Is #33 from a movie soundtrack?
Nopes, but it's off the soundtrack of my life. Very meaningful song.

10. Is #18 overplayed on the radio?
Definetely not. Still it's a poppy and very good song.

11. What does #21 remind you of?
Me, walking around my flat when listening to the album it the first time and the feeling of stumbling over some extraordinary piece of music.

12. Which song do you prefer, #5 or #22?
I like both, because the transported feeling is quite the same. Strange, but true.

13. What album is #17 from?
Hmmm, it's on the "almost famous" o.s.t., but I guess it's from one of Stevens early LPs. Dunno.

14. When did you first hear #39?
Hmmm, that's hard to say. But it's one of my favourites of all time.

16. What genre is #8?
I'd say pop/trip-hop

17. Do any of your friends like #14?
I dunno. Mel probably does, because I got the LP from her.

18. What color does #4 remind you of?
It's not a color, it's more a vague veil of sunlight, mixed with clouds.

19. Have you ever blasted #11 on your stereo?
Hell yeah ! It's an ass-kicking song !

20. What genre is #37?
Sophisticated Pop.

21. Can you play #13 on any instrument?
Probably on guitar, but haven't tried yet(good idea, btw. ;) ).

22. What is your favorite line from #30?
Hmm, I think it's an instrumental. But instrumentals are sometimes even better than too much lyrics.

23. What is your favorite lyric from #23?
"..das gegenteil von gut ist gut gemeint
in empfindsamkeit vereint. hier. befindlichkeitsfixierter aufstand.."

24. Would you recommend #24 to your friends?
Yup, but I guess it'd have to be a friend who likes that kind of music.

25. Is #2 a good song to dance to?
Not really. It's melancholic. Maybe just a little elegy in squares or smth. like that.

26. Do you ever hear #16 on the radio?
Not on german radio cause they fucking dunno what they miss when they don't play her songs.

27. Is #32 more of a “nighttime” or “daytime” song?
Nighttime.

28. Does #36 have any special meaning to you?
Yes, it helped me dealing with lots of stuff. But this is getting personal, so I'll cut it at this point.

29. Do any of your friends like #31?
Yesh, Mel looooves it. ^^

30. Is #25 a fast or slow song?
It's mellow and slow.

31. Is #35 a happy or sad song?
Hmm, haven't listened to it precise enough to say it. But Elliott Smith is dead, so everything he sings is basically sad. A big loss. I love his songs.

32. What is one of your favorite lyrics from #9?
"if I could put you in a frame I'd draw you smiling."

33. Is #34 better to listen to alone or with friends?
With friends

34. When did you first hear #27?
A few years ago, I guess.

35. Name 3 other songs by the artist who did #29?
only know "broken" (which is also superb, btw) of them.

36. Do you know all the words to #6?
Of course! :)

37. Does #28 have better lyrics or music?
Better music definetely. The lyrics are pretty plain.

38. What album is #10 from?
From the also entitled "good morning hope" LP. Great album !

2 Comments:

  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger silent_genius said…

    I'm mentioned! Several times even! Is that a sign implying I'm some kinda music dealer? lol

    I may steal that one for later tonight, music surveys are fun! And with all the stuff I encoded on this computer, it should be interesting.

    Btw : thanks for the recommendation for Angie Aparo's Seed, I gave it a closer listen than when you originally gave it to me and it made a very good impression :)

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger piccadilly said…

    gorillaz rock! :-)

     

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home