blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Montag, Juni 26, 2006

Impressions from "Southside Festival" 2006

As I know that Mel will probably write also a review I just thought of posting some snapshots I did this weekend.

Short summary :

+ GOOD +
+I met some very nice people, had good talks and got their adresses to stay in contact
+the weather was more than summer like and I have like 5 sunburns - but who cares if you had the perfect festival weather ? :)
+I had a nice trip to the swimming pool in Tuttlingen with our tent neighbors from Stuttgart
+the bands were awesome and I even happened to see some new bands I haven't heard that much of
+We were able to watch the Germany football game and they won ! :D
+I met "the kooks" and "elbow" at the autograph stand and they were VERY nice - :)
+Best Performances: Billy Talent, The Kooks, Skin, The Raconteurs, Elbow, Wir sind Helden, The Gossip

-BAD-
- my backpack got stolen - I got to wear the SAME clothes from friday to sunday night and some of my favourite Band T-Shirts are gone - I hope, not forever :s
- the baggage controls at the festival ground entrance were a bit too picky - I always had to wait 10 minutes to get through :(
- I missed "The Cardigans" because of the Germany game - but Mel said they sucked anyway ;)
- the prices for the beverages were totally off the wall - and of course the well-known german beer brewery made the deal of their lifetime in the heat of Neuhausen *grrr*
- Although we were lucky not to get stuck in the huge storm we had big problems to drive - the sky seemed to open its gates and a dangerous mix of wind/hail/rain/thunder/lightning was coming over

All in all it was a good weekend and I hope my tent buddies see it the same way.

Here are some photos (-> click to enlarge) :





Luke Pritchard (The Kooks)



Ben Harper



Benjamin Kowalewicz (Billy Talent)





Guy Garvey (Elbow)




THE STORM


Laters

murmel

1 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger silent_genius said…

    That storm photo doesn't do any justice to the hell it was! But you know, I'm still amazed that we made it home without *that* much delay due to the storm.

    I'll look for your shirt again in the car tomorrow, but maybe J. grabbed it when she got home? You know, that time when you both ran outta the car under the rain and you ended up calling me names :p

    And yes, I'll say it again : I love the Cardigans but they majorly sucked and I'm happy I missed the first half of the gig!

    All in all it was a good weekend and I hope my tent buddies see it the same way. -> Yup ^^ twas a nice first time experience for a full festival and camping.

     

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home