blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Sonntag, Juli 02, 2006

Germany by car and a journey to myself

bon terra . definitely

After a little chillout saturday I had a date today with three guys 40 kilometers away from my place. They're trying to put a band together and looked for a singer/guitarist. So, I accepted the invitation and drove to their place.
Not that I had to drive by memory and intuition, the journey made me also realise how many beautiful corners Germany actually has. The sun was shining, the sky was drenched in blue : What else do you need ?
I listened to the "graduated fool" LP by Anouk whilst driving and became contemplative about everything that's going on so far. Confronted with myself, all alone in the car and many roads ahead I questioned my relation to beloved people, my efforts to keep up my education and my musical obsession. I mean, honestly that's all I can do well. I've never been good at school or in my job. But just give me a guitar and a mic and I sing and play for my life. This is my life.

At least I was able to do this now. I arrived late but the guys took it with a smile and lead me into the basement where everything was build up already. The drummer was a bit late, so we talked about the "Southside Festival" because the guitarist has been there also. After the drummer arrived, we rehearsed a bit. I played a song of mine to them and within 1 hour the song was finished. I tell you, it's a kick-ass song and it sums everything up that has happened in my life over the last years. Working title :

"anybodys shoulder"

I almost forgot how it feels to play with a full band and it was huge fun ! :) The guys are very talented and determined. Two of the things you should call your own if you want to make it one day.
So, this was a very nice way of ending the weekend.
And being away from home and your room is good. It refreshed the heart and mind. And mine definitely needed a little bit of fresh air.

have a nice end of the weekend
murmel

1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger silent_genius said…

    Sounds like you had a cool time :)

    /me arrived safe at Joh's and is chatting with Joh herself lol [talk about being social - we're internet freaks]

    Have a nice week! *huggles*

    [sorry for yesterday's missed chat, but my connection got me totally pissed, as you may have noticed lol]

     

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home