blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Freitag, Februar 24, 2006

Songs and meanings

Shamelessly stolen from piccadilly (forgive me, babe ;-)

A song from your childhood :
john miles . music (we had that sampler on LP at home and I always danced to this through the livingroom, although I wasn't able to get all the lyrics..but strangely I noticed later that it fits to me totally :)

A song you associate with your first love :
Well, lets say this made it easier to get over it
pearl jam . release

A song that reminds you of a holiday :
heyday . cu
dredg . same ol' road
(Ireland 2003)

A song you won't admit you like it in public, cause actually it's embarrassing and "mainstream" :
Well....Roxette . fading like a flower (I mean, it's a classic, what do you want ? ;)

A song you probably heard most often in your life :
k's choice . shadowman

A song that's your favourite instrumental :
James Horner . Braveheart main title
Dredg . brushstroke : a walk in the park

A song that represents one of your favourite bands :
K's choice . for all this

A song that reflects you mostly :
Coldplay . amsterdam

A song that reminds you of a special moment :
Skunk Anansie . weak (I played to a bunch of people live/on the phone with my acoustic guitar and each time it has been different, but always very cool to see the look on their faces or hear what they think of my interpretation)

A song you can relax to the best :
slut . welcome 1

A song that stands for a very good time in your life:
counting crows . mr. jones
and art brut . my little brother

Your current favourite song :
I'm stuck between
Jamie Cullum . all at sea (gosh, what a Piano Intro !)
and
Athlete . street map

A song you would attend to your best friend :
Sarah Bettens – Someone to say hi to (Deuce there, T.!)

A song that you like because of the lyrics :
It always differs from time to time but (Deuce again, T.! ;) I like most of my music because of the awesome lyrics. Oh, maybe it's
Tomte . Die Schönheit der Chance. Currently.

A song, whether german or english that you like :
Helen Sjöholm . sa some i himmelen

A song you can abreact to very good:
Rage against the machine . killing in the name of

A song that should be played on your funeral :
I had a top 5 some time ago and I think it's time for renewal :
1. k's choice . all
2. sarah mclachlan . angel
3. coldplay . don't panic / amsterdam
4. eva cassidy . fields of gold
5. nick drake . things behind the sun

A song you'd count up to the greatest songs of all time :
Kettcar . Nacht

1 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger piccadilly said…

    Thank you for the music and bringing it to me. Remember in Kölle? Of course you do! And I have the first 25 secs of "yellow" you sent to me some months ago as a ringtone now. Now I can always hear you sing "Look at the stars, and how they shine fo-hor you. and everything you do". Whenever I want!
    Oh, I already told you that, right? ;-)

     

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home