blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Sonntag, Februar 26, 2006

happy on demand

[taken from www.midi-midi.com]

oo-> apocalyptica & marta jandova . wie weit

As you might know we used to celebrate carnival here in Germany these days. I had a perfect escape plan for today but still I'm at home. My dad celebrates his birthday with all relatives today and I don't want to ruin his day by running away. Still, carnival became strange to me. All this time, when being a child it was the biggest fun to act as if you're somebody else. Vampire, Cowboy or just a jerk with a wig and make-up in the face.

Today, it just feels like coming home and finding that everything changed. Or maybe the dissappointment that some people never change. I waved to my parents who were disguised as dwarfs. My aunt was the snow-white and my uncle the prince. Funny to look at but behind were the guys that always bullied me and ruined my childhood. Disguised as football fans (wow, how inventive !) they were screaming stupid Scooter songs.
I've never felt so strange in here like today.

"Wie groß ist die Sehnsucht,
die mich treibt - verlier ich meinen Mut?
Soll ich mich ergeben oder leben?
Das Leben nach der Flut
Will ich´s wagen, ist es gut,
oder bin ich doch verflucht?"

apocalyptica & marta jandova . wie weit

I can't be happy on demand. There's no button that makes me free of all anger, pressure and pain that reigns my life. And I abominate nothing more than people who act like everything's fine, just a little bit out of line. Fixable.

Edit : The evening ended with some funny songs we sang together. My aunt and uncle, my family and my sisters boyfriends. Here's an audioquote of my uncle, who was fascinated by the sound of some rhythm instrument (he was a bit drunk, so nevermind *g*)
http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0666CPFUPUVFB0VHQCHDK0FYYS


murmel