blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Dienstag, Juli 25, 2006

rozenbottels and running on dry

--> ani di franco . untouchable face (live)

This day was relaxing in general. We had very few kids to look after and because of the heat nobody could get outside. So we sat down and I spent a round of ice tea for everybody.
Out of boredom we played around with the dutch ingredients and the words that are said there. The kids favourite word was "rozenbottel", because it sounds weird and it's fun to speak. If I'd translate it to it's not that extraordinary and funny anymore, so : Look for the translation yourself ! :p

Not only the weather makes me kinda feel down. We postponed the recording session to tonight at 7pm and I still don't have any ideas. I dunno what to write about anyway.

And listening to Ani and her genius lyrics doesn't lift my self-concience at all.

I should go and see what's gonna come out.

they told you your music could reach millions
the choice was up to you
you told me they always pay for lunch
and they believe in what i do
and i wonder if you'll miss your old friends
once you've proven what you're worth
and i wonder when you're a big star
will you miss the earth
and i know you always, always want more
i know you, you'll never be done

because everyone is a fucking napoleon
everyone is a fucking napoleon

ani difranco . napoleon


murmel

edit : I wrote a song during the recording session. It's called "running on dry".