blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Dienstag, April 11, 2006

the function of memory





[TeXeL 2004 . feet in the sand]


-> nirvana.about a girl [unplugged] ("This is a song off our first record. Most people dunno it.")

Working myself into coma, finding it hard to sleep. Songs torment my brain, lines always keep on returning and I try to find a sense between the lines. And most creepy thing is that memories of a friend (songs, moods..) were following me the whole weekend and yesterday I read that she's having a hard time. And the worst thing is : I can't reach her. Not by phone and not online. But at least my intuition is a good thing.
Maybe some of you know the "Chart" that Alice sets up in the show "the L-Word" ? In her case it's about relationships and their connection in the lesbian/bi scene.
I could draw you a chart-like spiderweb that stretches over the walls of my living room with just 5 people and all sorts of memories of them. It's hard to find nothing that reminds me of no one. Most of the time it's funny to recognize how drawn I'm to some friends but now it's nerve-racking. Especially when you know you can't actually help the friend in a hard situation. But hey, I don't wanna seem like I have superpower I'm afraid of. The ability of having a huge memory always helped me.

Maybe the upcoming days will help me to get clear again. I hope.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger silent_genius said…

    Randomly being reminded of a friend has always amused me somehow, because it always happened at the most unexpected times.

    About thinking of a friend when they're having a hard time, it's fascinating. Proving the "connexion" does exist somewhere.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger piccadilly said…

    Sorry...

     

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home