blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Samstag, März 11, 2006

Some lines to remember


[ Alice und Dana - "The L-Word" Quelle : www.thelwordonline.de ]


Staying at home sucks. And not being able to open your mouth, too. But now I got time to face other things. Mel was so sweet and sent me the whole discography of Ani Difranco (I started with "Ani Difranco" to not get lost ;), so I listened to it whilst driving with my dad to the doc again. Another doctor took care of me. Her accent sounded kinda eastern european and she was very nice, asking if I'm alright and if I have any questions. My cheeks are still swollen and if it doesn't stop on monday I'll have to take antibiotics. Makes me think of Alanis Morrisette. Good association, huh ?

So, what to do these days : I started to edit an "Alice and Dana" Video, two of my favourite characters of the "L-Word" with some music. If finished I'll put it on here of course. But only if you want. I don' t want to spam you with my obsessions. *grin*
I lend myself a DVD. "Code 46" with Tim Robbins. I hope it's good. Last time I got myself a DVD I had bad luck. "L.A. Crash" was very strange and not my type of movie. But as you can see : It doesn't matter if a movie got an oscar ! If it sucks, it just sucks.

And while laying around and have nothing better to do than to listen to some music I got a song stuck in my head, sleeping for a long time but more fitting than ever. I just love the Goo Goo Dolls, what can I say ?

goo goo dolls . sympathy

"Stranger than your sympathy
And this is my apology

I killed myself from the inside out
And all my fears have pushed you out


And I wished for things that I don’t need
And what I chased won’t set me free
And I get scared
but I’m not crawlin’ on my knees

Oh, yeah Everything’s all wrong, yeah
Everything’s all wrong, yeah

Where the hell did I think I was?


And stranger than your sympathy

Take these things, so I don’t feel

I’m killing myself from the inside out
And now my head’s been filled with doubt


It's hard to lead the life you choose
When all your luck's ran out on you

And you can’t see
when all your dreams aren’t coming true

Oh, yeah
It’s easy to forget, yeah
When you choke on the regrets, yeah

Who the hell did I think I was?

And stranger than your sympathy
And all these thoughts you stole from me

And I’m not sure where I belong

And no where’s home and no more wrong

And I was in love with things I tried to make you believe
I was
And I wouldn’t be the one to kneel before the dreams I wanted
And all the dark and all the lies were all the empty things disguised as me

Stranger than your sympathy"

A nice weekend to all of you. And Liza : Nevermind the phone. I won't be able to talk, so just lemme know if you're online and then we can chat if you want.
murmel

4 Comments:

  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger silent_genius said…

    I'm not sure if the chronological order is the best to discover the whole range of Ani's styles, but since I haven't gone into writing that "guide", you have to do it your way ;)

    About movies with oscars, I tend to always dislike the ones that win, so I avoid them by now. Indie movies are the best. [Got myself High Fidelity on DVD finally, we could watch it some day ;) ]

    Have a nice calm weekend, too.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Lieza said…

    Refering to the picture of Alice and Dana:

    I dont like it coz you cant see Alice. And I dont like her hair on that pic.
    /me goes back watching L Word ;)

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger murmel said…

    :p

    I like this picture, cause Dana looks cute on it !

    *mööp*

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonym said…

    Dana looks cute all the time. But I'm not too crazy about cute women. ;-)

    Leute treffen die ganz weit weg wohnen
    That was my weird way of saying that I'm still hoping to meet you in person some day soon.

    Hope your teeth get better.

     

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home