blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Samstag, Mai 20, 2006

blasphemous rumours


[Paul Bettany in "the da vinci code" as "Silas"]

--> anouk . margarita chum (acoustic)

Back from the movies, I saw "the da vinci code". I'm a bit blank and disappointed about the end product of such a good book.
And I guess I don't have the right touch for good movies lately. Either they're more confusing than I felt before or they just happen to be so bad I almost get angry about the waste of money.
The actors were not well casted, although you know people like Tom Hanks and Audrey Toutou from great movies. Even the second row sounded wonderful in a film freaks ear : Ian McKellen, Alfred Molina, Jean Reno, Juergen Prochnow.
But they seemed like they were construction workers in a lunch break, randomly walking around in front of the camera. Almost out of place. Paul Bettany as "Silas" was the only actor that really left me stunned. He played an albino monk who murders people in the name of bishop Aringarosa. He truly brought out the suffering and the inner fights that Silas fights throughout the whole movie. Very good and authentic !

At least I saw some class mates again. And I almost laughed my ass off, when my "heartbroken-club-member" and good friend J. always whispered "oh my god!" when something exciting happened. A blonde woman on the row before us always turned around and gave us "THE LOOK!" but J.'s new bf and I just giggled our asses off and thought about talking loud about the end of the movie. It was hilarious. And although I worked today and I'm tired like hell, I'm happy. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but the longest (148 Minutes ! Wohoo!) . And I saw some of my best friends.

Life can be soothing in the most unexpected moments.

murmel

PS : k80, thanks for the good song tip. I listened to depeche mode on my way to the movies and this line totally got me and fitted somehow very good to the movie :

"
I dont want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that gods got a sick sense of humor
And when I die I expect to find him laughing.."

depeche mode . blasphemous rumours

3 Comments:

  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger piccadilly said…

    Mate, I didn't watch it yet but you spoiled it a little, did you? ;-) Okay, I didn't read the book and I am not going to. Actually Irish wanted to invite me to the movies tonight, but I'm not in the mood of going actually.

    It's like a fight inside of me. I feel kind of schizophrenic: the one who wants to go out and have fun partying, and the one who wants the whole world to stop turning - all in the same moment. *confused*

    Anyway: Luv ya! *hugs* tea

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger silent_genius said…

    I'm gonna see that movie in the upcoming days. Since I haven't read the book, I won't be too disappointed for the final result, or at least not considering the basic story.
    I'm not fan of the cast though, but I can live with it, I hope.

    We'll see.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonym said…

    I wasn't too crazy about watching the movie before, but now I don't wanna watch it at all. Money saved!!!

    I love that DM line, too. I think it's one of their best.

     

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home