blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Samstag, April 22, 2006

Life is a U-Turn - or : Sarah Bettens in Munich, 21st of April

---> Dover . the weak hour of the rooster

So, this is the personal review of the Sarah Bettens concert. And honestly, I can't review it as a blank concert. Many things happened. Good and less good. Mostly less good. At some point I wished I could leave out personal stuff but I'm human so it goes along with it.

I wanted to be brave, self-concious and strong. Show her that I'm fine. But then *dang* the arose inside. A dangerous mix of anger, pain, emptyness. And the crack in my heart popped up again. A wound, so well taken care of by so many people in the meantime.


"But the heart controls the head - that's why I turned around."


Mistake. She seemed so balanced, just fine. Then Sarah played "tired" , I turned around - that is a song we both love. Our eyes cross - for a tiny second - and I know she's not fine. Something in my stomach hurts. Maybe it's the long e-mails, the chat sessions, the phonecalls or just her deep blue eyes that look so lonely. Almost lost. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking and she's just really "tired" from the long journey.



"I gotta stop thinking!", I mumble to myself in mind.


In the few minutes I manage it I find myself really enjoying the concert. The support band - "Ron Flieger" - is a post-punk depressionist in a grey suit.


[ron.flieger]



He looks like he's broke, unhappy and angry. But maybe that's the special note that gives his appearance a certain sympathy. And it makes me move my feet. Especially the song "Lauf" is a good one. He's polite, introduces his band and thanks Sarah and the crew. I pick a sticker for my car. His album is called "anders wohl kaum". Check it out (even if you're from abroad..;) !


I'm still fighting with saying "Hey, do you remember when we talked about GREY in your car?" but instead I grab myself a glass of water and drink it so fast that some people might think the destiny of the world depends on my water consum. I talk to an old friend I met before the concert. Her new boyfriend got her the ticket. He's from the UK, very nice and calm. Talks about his ex-wife with a low voice - she left him after a 29-year marriage - for a woman. I can't help but laugh a bit and she tells me that she ordered all K's choice LPs after I sent her a mix cd with some songs. For the first time on this evening I'm proud of myself and I type her new adress in Munich in my mobile. She truly is one of gods better people. Never thought I'd say that.

I watch the rest of the concert from a distance and Sarah is a true rockstar on stage.



[sarah bettens]


Especially in the quiet moments when she plays "the soldier song" and "grey". At least one person in the room is fine. I'm happy for her. Really. And even if I can't be totally happy tonight - I'll take an "ok" feeling with me after we leave the Elserhalle. Confusion never ends. That's no news. But instead of washing dirty laundry I refer to Katharina who wrote :



"K's choice connects - too much Sarah seperates."


Things I learned this weekend :

--> the best people are just a chat away and drive blue and red cars
--> being "ANTI" feels good
--> U-Turns are necessary - not only on the streets

--> some clichés never change

--> serenity should be a pill
--> men aren't "THE ENEMY"

--> "People are like seasons" (-> Sophia was right!)

--> dialects can be amusing ("WOT?")
--> music is power


and

"..somehow in this twisted world I'm really doing fine.."

1 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonym said…

    Nothing left to say. We rocked!!! Let's do it again!!!
    Almost forgot: UNNÄHOOS!!!

     

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home