blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Freitag, September 01, 2006

Spot on !

dishwalla . mad life



Tomorrow I will perform again with my band and I feel like it's the first gig every time I step on stage. Most of the time it's a very poor kind of stage, but it is my platform to show people what I can do best : Sing and play guitar. I guess I was useless for this world before I started to make music. This is how it feels now.
Some of you may not know how it feels to go on stage and play your songs, so I try to explain it. First of all : I like the whole happenings around as well. It's a good package, delivered to the right adress. I meet the people that discovered my/our music and invited us to play and have some nice chats, you set up the sound system, test your instruments, joke about this and that and then wait for the moment to come. It's time. My time. I'm able to present my music, together with my best friend(s) (because in the most cases and in the best ones, you're friends with your band members). And then : Spot on ! All eyes on me. Since I play my music I don't need to be the center of attention all the time anymore. I'm ok with having all attention on stage. We start to play the songs, songs that are filled with some of the strongest feelings a human being is able to send out and fill into a piece of music. And you give away your innermost to get applause back. It's like you fall into a sea of blankets, carried away by the people that shared their time with you to listen. And most of them listen more carefully than I do when I play my songs. They show up afterwards and explain how much they like the songs and that feels like heaven. Something I created means something to others, makes them feel vindicated in their feelings or just good. And I don't want to miss a single second of this. I'd like to tape EVERY gig we play and replay it again and again. But sometimes my memory is a good camera as well.
If I had to describe it shortly, I'd say I'm the most fulfilled and happy person in the world when I'm on stage. Maybe it's because I never felt anything stronger. I bet there's things like love that are able to make you feel the same, but lovers come and go. The music stays. And that's what's wonderful.

murmel

2 Comments:

  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger piccadilly said…

    "The music stays" thank god! At least one thing that won't change, right? :-)

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger silent_genius said…

    music is a universal language, creating a unique link between people. It's cool to be part of that, either on one or the other side of it.

    and yeah "the music stays" :)

     

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home