blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Donnerstag, Dezember 29, 2005

economical and edgy

[taken @ southside festival, Neuhausen ob Eck, Germany - june 2005]

music - > incubus : privilege

Good day, so far. I'm still shooting with adrenaline, and the reason is as profan as the snow outside : I went shopping !

But shopping isn't equal with what many people think of when they hear the word. I shopped for cds and books and found some lovely stuff (2 incubus LPs, a comic book and the latest VISIONS magazine).

And I even had some time to take pictures in the park with my oldschool analogue camera (developed photos soon). It was a soothing and pleasant day after the daily "hanging around and waiting for the sundown" at home in the last week.

Back at home I put the incubus cd and listened to it on my parents cool surround sound stereo.

Mum : "That sounds strange to me. It's so aggressive."
Me : "Sometimes it has to be that way."
Sister : "I don't like it *imitates the singer very bad*."
Me : "Of course it's easy to judge after hearing 20 seconds of it."

I like music that's different. And many will agree, that the music that's played on the random music channels (which I stop to name like that from now on) is boring and uninspired.
Edgy, intelligent, honest and straight ahead going. That's how I refer my favourite music. And that's how it should be.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger silent_genius said…

    "I like music that's different. And many will agree, that the music that's played on the random music channels is boring and uninspired."

    I agree. Had a talk at work about music and I had to say : "I'd be the best for a blind test... about all kinda bands that no one's ever heard of" hihi ^^

    On a more random note, I like that word, "edgy". ;)

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger murmel said…

    I knew you would. ;)

     

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home