blindshots

Photos, impressions, weird thoughts and life in general.

Samstag, Dezember 24, 2005

catholicism stole my christianity


music - > ryan adams : I see monsters [picture : holiday in Texel, Netherlands 2004]

Every year around the 24th of december millions and millions of people in Germany beat a path to the church doors like someone on the inside is giving coupons or free tickets for the next football game.

I'm still riddling what are their motives. People that never go to church over the year, curse over the church taxes and the new pope. Those people are seen with devotional faces and an open purse, waiting for salvation right on time.

I don't mind many things. I can stand my mum yelling at me, cause I don't wanna go to church (if I don't go the whole year, why of all things today ?), fecies on my shoe when they're just cleaned, stupid situations and the fist of destiny in my well fed stomach.

But I can't stand hypocrites. People that pray for freedom, peace and loving each other and then backbite after church about others. People that NEVER go to church and go today just to salve consciences.

I considder myself as a spiritual person. I believe in a good talk when you're feeling bad, a friendship that lasts for ages over borders or complications, a song that speaks your language when you're out of words and a love that's comforting and celebrating life.
But I don't see myself as a catholic. I stopped being one long ago. Or maybe tonight, after having that arguement with my mum.

1 Comments:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home